The I-beam is mainly divided into ordinary I-beam, light I-beam and wide flange I-beam. According to the flange and web height ratio is divided into wide, medium, narrow wide flange I-beam. The first two production specifications for 10-60, that is, the corresponding height of 10-60cm.
At the same height, the lightweight I-beam has narrow flange, thin web and light weight. The wide flange I-beam, also known as H-beam, is characterized by parallel legs and no slope inside the legs. It belongs to the economic section section steel, is in the four high universal rolling mill rolling, so also called “universal I-beam.” Ordinary I-beam, light I-beam has formed a national standard.
As the name indicates, an I-shaped section steel, The inner surface of the upper and lower flange has a slope of 1: 6, which makes the outer flange thin and the inner thick, so that the section characteristics of the I-beam in the two main planes differ greatly, and it is difficult to play the strength characteristics in application. Although the I-beam market also appeared on the thickened I-beam, but the structure of the I-steel has decided its torsional performance short plate.
H-beam is a kind of section area distribution is more optimized, the ratio of strength to weight is more reasonable economic section and efficient profile, because its section and the English letter “H” the same name. Because each part of H-beam is arranged at right angles, H-beam has the advantages of strong bending resistance, simple construction, cost saving and light weight in all directions, and has been widely used.
H-beam is widely used in steel structure building, it has many differences compared with I-beam. The first is the flange, and the second is that the inner surface of the flange has no inclination and the upper and lower surfaces are parallel. The section characteristics of H-beam are better than traditional I-beam, channel and angle steel.
The difference and use of H-beam and I-beam
- No matter whether it is an ordinary type or a light type, the section size is relatively high and narrow, so the moment of inertia of the two main sleeves of the section has a large difference. Therefore, it can only be used directly in the web plane of the bending member or to form the lattice structure. The axial compression member or the bending member perpendicular to the web plane are not suitable to be used, which makes its application has a great limitation.
- H steel is an efficient economic cutting surface profile (there are other cold-formed thin-walled steel, pressure plate, etc.), due to the section shape is reasonable, they can make steel to play a higher efficiency, improve the cutting capacity. The flange of the H-beam is widened, and the inner and outer surfaces are usually parallel, which can be easily connected with other components by high-strength bolts. Its size constitutes a reasonable series, models complete, easy to design and selection (in addition to the crane beam with I-beam).
- The flange of H-beam is of equal thickness, with rolling section and combination section consisting of 3 plates welded. The I-beam is rolled section, due to poor production technology, flange edge 1: 10 slope. The rolling of H-beam is different from that of ordinary I-beam with only one set of horizontal rollers, because of its wide flange and no inclination (or very small inclination), Therefore, it is necessary to add a group of vertical rollers to roll at the same time, so the rolling process and equipment are more complicated than the ordinary rolling mill. The maximum height of rolled H-beam produced in China is 800mm, which exceeds the welding combined section.The side length of the I-beam is small, the height is large, and it can only withstand the force in one direction.
- The H section is deep and thick, and can withstand forces in both directions.
- With the development of steel construction needs, only I-beam is not enough, that is, thickened I-beam for load-bearing columns easy to lose stability.
- The I-beam can only be used for beams, while the H-beam can be used in the load-bearing columns of the structure.
- H-beam is a kind of economic section steel with better mechanical properties than I-beam. It is named because its section shape is the same as the letter “H.” Hot-rolled H-beam has wider flange than I-beam, greater lateral stiffness and stronger bending resistance. The weight of H-beam is lighter than I-beam under the same specification.
- The flange of I-beam is thick by the web and thin outside. The flange of the H-beam is an equal wearing surface.
- HW, HM, HN is the general name of H-beam, H-beam is welded; HW, HM and HN are hot-rolled.
- HW is that the height of the H-beam and the width of the flange are basically equal; Mainly used for reinforced concrete frame structure column in the steel core column, also known as steel column; It is mainly used for columns in steel structures.
- HM is the ratio of H-beam height to flange width is about 1.33 ~ 1.75; Mainly in steel structure: used as steel frame column, in the frame structure under dynamic load used as frame beam. For example: Equipment platform.
- HN is an H-beam whose ratio of height to flange width is greater than or equal to 2, and is mainly used in beams; The use of I-beam is equivalent to HN steel.